We're excited to announce the talented winners of this year's Design a National Book Token competition for World Book Day. This year, we challenged young booklovers across the UK and Ireland to design a gift card with the theme of Share a Story. Our judged looked at thousands of fantastically creative designs and whitted down the entries to pick the final six.
FIRST PRIZE in each age range wins:
- £250/€280 National Book Tokens for the school
- £100/€110 National Book Tokens for the child
- £100/€110 National Book Tokens for the teacher (if the entry was submitted by a teacher)
SECOND PRIZE in each age range wins:
- £150/€170 National Book Tokens for the school
- £50/€55 National Book Tokens for the child
- £50/€55 National Book Tokens for the teacher (if the entry was submitted by a teacher)
This year's winners are:
Bishop Heber High School, Cheshire
Molly's design will be made into a real National Book Tokens gift card, available in bookshops all around the UK and Ireland in time for Christmas!
Molly was presented with her prize during a school assembly and said, "I was so excited when I found out that I'd won; I couldn’t believe it! There are so many books that I want to buy, it will be hard to decide which ones to pick. What inspired my design was just the idea of me and my friends all reading together like we used to all the time at school."
Up to 8 Years
Winner: Hattie, 7, Meersbrook Bank Primary School, Sheffield
Runner-up: Lenny, 6, Highgate Primary School, London
Winner: Stanley, 12, Great Torrington School, Devon
Runner-up: Leo, 11, Larkmead School, Oxfordshire
Winner: Molly, 14, Bishop Heber High School, Cheshire
Runner-up: Seán, 14, The King's Hospital School, Dublin