£100 Monthly Prize Draw Competition
1. No purchase necessary
2. One winner will receive 1 x £100 National Book Token each month.
3. Each monthly prize draw will take place each month and the winner will be notified by email within 10 working days of this.
4. Entrants agree to National Book Tokens using their details in post-competition publicity.
5. By entering, entrants acknowledge that this competition is a game of chance, which does not involve exercising any skill or judgement.
6. Participants must be residents of the UK or Republic of Ireland and aged over 18 years old.
7. No cash alternative and prizes are not transferable.
8. Competition is not open to Booksellers, Booksellers Association or Book Tokens Ltd staff.
9. Only one competition entry allowed per person.
10. Promoter: Book Tokens Ltd, 6 Bell Yard, London WC2A 2JR
To view the website Terms and Conditions, please click here.
National Book Tokens is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
National Book Tokens may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owners, such as which pages you find useful or not. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Cookies are used on this site to maintain functionality as you move between pages.
National Book Tokens’ website uses first party cookies, which allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website. They maintain functionality as you move between pages and help us to improve our site. We also use some widely-used third-party social media plugins as marketing tools, and to provide convenience tools for our visitors, which create cookies.
Cookies on the Bookshelves Website:
This cookie is automatically set when you land on the website. It is used to maintain functionality between pages and is essential for parts of the site to operate. This is a session cookie to remember your name, email address and book recommendation selections placed in your book bag, so you can go back and make amends without the need to repopulate the fields, but none of the information you enter is stored in the cookie itself. It is held temporarily and is deleted when you close your web browser. It does not contain personally identifiable information and is anonymous.
Visit the Microsoft website.
- __utma – it ascertains the number of times a visitor has been to web site. It expires after 2 years.
- _utmb - it detects when a unique user session. It expires after 30 minutes.
- _utmc– it determines when to create a new session for a website visitor. It’s a session cookie and expires when you exit the browser.
- _utmz – it tracks how you found us and calculates traffic & navigation within the website. It expires after 6 months.
These cookies identify which pages are being used. This helps us to count the number of visitors, which pages they visited and where they have come from, so we can improve the way our website works. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form. We report on this activity in aggregate, and use this information solely for the purposes of monitoring and improving our website.
More details on the cookies set by Google Analytics: Google Code
To opt out of Google Analytics, use their Opt Out Tool
Additional Cookies on the National Book Tokens website (www.nationalbooktokens.com):
This site uses this social plugin to make following our Twitter accounts easy and to display the latest tweet from NBT. The code provided by Twitter to include this Twitter plugin functionality by default sets a mix of third party persistent and session cookies. National Book Tokens does not use these cookies for any specific purpose.
If the Addthis.com function is used, the following additional cookies are set:
Addthis.com provides links to social networking sites. NBT uses this popular plugin as a marketing tool to help people conveniently share NBT’s site content. It creates third party persistent cookies which addthis.com use to anonymously understand how site visitors interact with its technology e.g. visits; general internal and customer analytics; research to improve products and services. National Book Tokens does not use these cookies for any specific purpose.
Opt out of Addthis.com’s cookies here.
The National Book Tokens website also contains Facebook 'Like' buttons to enable visitors to the site to easily indicate pages and content they 'Like', and a Google Plus button. Facebook sets third party cookies when you are logged in to their service (c_user, datr, locale, lu, s, xs). Google also sets a third party cookie (PREF) when this button has been used. Affectv cookies set and only collect information anonymously.
National Book Tokens does not control the dissemination of third party cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How to manage your cookies
Cookies are sent to your browser by a website and then stored in the cookies directory of your device. To check and update your cookies settings, you will need to know what browser you are using and what version of it you have. You can usually find this out by opening the browser (just as if you were going to use the internet) and then clicking on 'Help' and then 'About'.
To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage the cookies on all standard web browsers, go to www.allaboutcookies.org and select the browser and version you are using. You'll also find information about how to delete cookies from your computer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Uncheck the box to indicate that you do not want to receive news or information from National Book Tokens
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind and opt-out at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Book Tokens Ltd, 6 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Last updated: May 2012